How do I order and what are your sizes and prices?
Sizes and prices can be viewed here. To order, just provide the following selections to artoflillian.com, along with your payment:
1. Canvas size
2. Standard background (your choice color) or custom background
3. Main photo of your pet and extras for reference
4. Nonprofit animal welfare or rescue group to benefit from your commission
5. Mailing address
Usually, within 24 hours the artist, Lillian Aguinaga, will contact you about the specifications of your painting and to learn more about your pet, which helps the painting process.
How does payment work?
You may pay with a credit card directly from our
webstore or we can email you an invoice via Pay pal, which you can pay with a credit card, Paypal account, Venmo, cash, or money order. Although most customers pay in full, we do offer the option to put down a 60% deposit and pay the remaining 40% once your portrait is completed and prior to delivery. The initial payment received secures your spot in our order queue. Once the painting process begins, no refunds will be issued.
How long does it take for my portrait to be delivered?
Typically, the turnaround time for a painting is 6 - 8 weeks. However, these factors can affect the time it takes to complete your painting: canvas size, number of pets, the quality of photos you provide, customizations, and our current order queue. Not only does a larger canvas with multiples pets and/or customizations require additional time, the quality of photo(s) also heavily determines the amount of time required with a painting. During gift giving seasons, our orders increase substantially and additional time is needed to complete an order. This is so we can maintain our standards of quality. Once your painting has shipped, it will arrive in 3 - 4 business days via USPS Priority or UPS Ground. International orders will be shipped via USPS Priority Int'l and delivery times will vary.
What type of photo is best for my portrait?
A clear, good-quality photo that shows off your pet's personality is best to work from. Better photos usually translate into the best paintings. If you have multiple pets in your painting, subjects can be combined from separate photographs. Just make sure the perspective in each pet's photo is similar.
the type of photo we like to work from. Here are some tips on getting a good photo of your pet:
1. Photograph your pet at his/her eye level by sitting on the floor or lying on your belly.
2. Use natural lighting either outside or indoors by the light of a window and avoid flash.
4. It helps to have someone attract your pet’s attention behind you while you take the photo. You may also try making a high-pitched noise to get your pet's attention. Use a treat and hold it right above the camera to get your pet to focus at the camera.
Do you ever offer discounts?
We do offer specials and contests from time to time! Stay in the loop by signing up for our newsletter.
Are these painting 100% handmade?
All paintings are handmade, sketched, and painted, making them 100% original. The paintings are made with cotton canvas, which is stretched around sturdy wooden frames, and painted with artist grade acrylics. We use only high quality materials to ensure the longevity of your pet portrait.
What if I want a custom size canvas?
We can customize your portrait however you like, including different sizes. Just email us at email@example.com with your idea. Additional charges may apply.
I need my pet portrait sooner than 6 - 8 weeks. Can you rush my order?
We can rush your order for a fee of 10% of the portrait price. Just let us know when you need it and we will do our best to accomodate you.
Do you offer gift certificates?
Yes, we do! We offer gift certificates for standard canvas sizes on our webstore. If you'd like a canvas size that's not listed, you can contact us here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Have another question?
Ask away on our Contact page or email us at email@example.com!